Thursday, August 7, 2014

Manning's SALA Sculptures 2014


Every year the SALA Festival has grown in popularity throughout South Australia as more people find local artists displaying in their local area. The creative whimsy and technical flare of these artists are the real draw card, that gets people hopping into their car to drive across town to go see them, too.

South Australian artists of every physical medium display in selected locations throughout the community, bringing their art to the masses in an ambiance that reflects their creative efforts. You may not go out of your way to visit an art gallery, so the gallery comes to you in the form of a cafe, winery or even a plant nursery. Seeing art displayed in your relaxed environment helps you to see the potential of it being displayed in your own home.

I have really grown to enjoy SALA. Its one of those events where even the hardest person to market art to can develop an interest, and I confess that is me. I need more than just a painting on canvas, I need to be able to touch the art that I love, and I want others to enjoy it just as much.

So this year, my hubby and I drove to Newman's Nursery at Tea Tree Gully to view the amazing rusty garden sculptures by Manning Sculptures.

You may have seen a Manning Sculpture before and not known it. Brighton beach in Adelaide plays host to many of their sculptures throughout the year, and also at the Royal Adelaide Show, where they display year after year in the Goyder Pavilion amongst the garden displays in the fruit corner. Its there you can buy something large or small for the garden. I started out with a small wren and a rooster that take pride of place in my espalier garden.

Manning Sculptures at Brighton Beach, Adelaide 2013
Rod, Ty & Judy Manning


SALA Festival - Manning Sculptures at Newman's Nursery, Tea Tree Gully August 2014

















Other beautiful sights at Newmans too...






Look what followed me home...
So excited to add this to my garden, finally! Much planning, scrimping and saving. It will make it's way to my front garden, hopefully, to stand proudly in front my new fruit trees.


If you would like to explore the Manning Sculpture range and prices, you can find them here:
Website: www.manningsculptures.com.au
Facebook: Manning Sculptures

Manning's current price list can be found on this page at the top to download.

They are also showing at two other locations during SALA (August 2014). Visit their website for more information.

An amazing event, bringing it to the people of South Australia!


No comments:

Post a Comment