Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY Spoonflower Tea Towels

My very first fabric order from Spoonflower♥

Kitchen Craft!
Great winter craft time activity when the garden needs little tending to.


If you ask anyone in my family what I have been trying to achieve in craft for the past year and a half they will all say IMAGE TRANSFER. In fact, I think I've managed to make them a little crazy with all of my different image transfer techniques. I am forever coming home with some new application.

You name it, I've tried it.
Any thing from Ink Jet to Laser printing at home, t-shirt iron-on transfers, photocopies with a gel medium, DeSolv, ink stamping, melted wax, Inkodye, to a Porcelaine 250 Pen or Sharpie and a very hot oven!

I've been a mad woman on an equally mad mission to just attach words to fabric.

Then by the serendipity of Pinterest I came across an amazing blog from a website called Spoonflower.

The blog in question was about creating tea towels from old recipes. I had just the book and it was exactly the sort of image transfer that I had been dreaming about.



I ordered my fabric in Linen-Cotton Canvas which is ideal for use around the kitchen.

I could imagine an apron made from this same fabric. It is such beautiful quality.

Leaving the stained old page look in my fabric was a deliberate choice which I think is a real eye-catcher.

The best part are the prices, which are simply wonderful.

My only problem was the waiting! Postage to Australia is around 3-4 weeks, but Spoonflower inform me that they are looking into address the postage time. So worth the wait.

To learn how to make you own one-of-a-kind fabric, check out the Spoonflower blog.



These beautiful old recipe pages come from my Nanna's old handwritten recipe book. I have since sent two of these tea towels to my Dad, which he is simply blown away by - to have such a lovely memory of his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment