Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY Plate Art

via

Need another great way to get the kids to eat their veg?

The artist in me has had a real work-out!

I have discovered Porcelaine pens to create my own art on plates and cups. So I have been hunting high and low for innovative ways of using the hand drawn crockery and experimented with quite a few different object and pens.

Sharpie permanent pens do NOT work as well as many have claimed. I managed to lose a single plate's art work in one meal time. So sad. So it's back the good old reliable Procelaine 150 pen once again.

To create your own masterpiece, simply:
  • Draw your design with a black Porcelaine 150 pen.
  • Allow 24 hours to dry.
  • Bake in oven for 35 minutes at 150C/300F.

So easy! Even the kids can do it (with adult supervision).
As you get better with design try one or two more Porcelaine pen colours. So cool!!!


Check out my previous blog article: Kids, Play With Your Food


Here's some more amazing inspiration...

via
via

via

via


No comments:

Post a Comment